Virkon Disinfectant Powder 5kg Tub
The 5kg tubof Virkon Powder makes up approx 500 litres of Virkon Solution - The most cost effective way to purchase Virkon Powder. Ideal for general use as well as hospitals, laboratories and dentists.
By buying this product you can collect up to 106 loyalty points. Your cart will total 106 loyalty points that can be converted into a voucher of £ 1.06.
About Virkon Disinfectant Powder
- Now in a new, easier to transport tub
- The 5kg tub of Virkon Powder makes up approx 500 litres of Virkon Disinfectant.
- Ideal for general use.
- Can eliminate a wide range of viruses in one, swift cleaning action.
- Built-in colour indicator of strength and use life up to five days after activation.
- Unparalleled spectrum of activity, proven effective against
- 300 strains/clinical isolates from 76 bacteria
- 47 strains/clinical isolates from 35 viruses
- 45 strains/clinical isolates from 17 fungi
- Proven effective against all major pathogens known to man.
- Viruses HIV/AIDS, hepatitis B, polio, lassa and rift valley fevers.
- Bacteria Staphylococci, Streptococci, Proteus, Pseudomonas, Mycobacteria- (including TB) and all the major food poisoning bacteria.
- Proven against a wide range of antibiotic-resistant strains.
- Proven effective against fungi Candida and the common skin dermatophytes.
- Virkon is effective at killing 99.999% of microorganisms in less than 10 minutes.
Virkon disinfectant is developed and manufactured by Antec International, worldwide patents granted.
Virkon is resistant to inactivation by organic material.
Virkon avoids the problems of pre-cleaning which spreads infection on cleaning materials and utensils.
Virkon disinfectant solution has a low acute toxicity, does not cause skin corrosion, does not cause sensitisation and is biodegradable. Virkon also contains no aldehydes, hypochlorite or phenols. As when using all disinfectants, it is advisable to take safety precautions such as wearing gloves and protecting the eyes.
Full details of spectrum and summary of testing program plus copies of all independent test reports freely available.
The 5kg Virkon powder shelf life is 3 years from date of manufacture.
How Virkon Disinfectant Works
The active Virkon solution is activated by adding the powder to water.
Virkon disinfectant is a unique, synergised oxidising system based on potassium monopersulphate - works by the physical destruction of pathogens.
The potassium monopersulphate oxidises proteins in bacteria cell walls and viral structures. This is what disrupts the bacteria's physical structure and the viability as pathogens.
Contains a surfactant - combines cleaning and disinfection in one operation.
Step by step prep guide for Virkon Powder:
- Fill a container with 1 litre of lukewarm water. Measure out 10gm of Virkon powder.
- Pour the 10gm of powder into the container and mix with a long handled spoon / utensil.
- Allow the powder to dissolve until the solution turns to a clear pink.
- Residential Homes
- Dental surgeries
- Catering Facilities
- Food production
Ensuring effective hygiene control in hospitals, schools and businesses
If you work in a Hospital, School or any food preparation service, you will understand how important hygiene and infection control is in your industry. We will supply you with all the latest hospital standard hygiene products to ensure that you are well equipped when it comes to keeping clean and safe. All of our products have been been created by experienced sanitation professionals and have been specifically designed for intensive cleaning and the control of any potential infection. They have been rigorously tested at leading laboratories and come with an assurance of the highest quality standards.
Hospital, school and business hygiene control products
As leading suppliers of hospital-grade hygiene products, we offer a cast range of infection control solutions from the leading sanitation brands:
- Chlor Clean
- Haz Tab
Common uses for hospital hygiene control products
While hospitals are the obvious answer when it comes to asking who needs to purchase hospital hygiene control products, they are not the only sector. Anywhere that would suffer greatly at the spread of infection, or from anything less than perfect sanitation will benefit from implementing an effective hygiene control system. Typically, these are places where there are a large volume of people, where people are more vulnerable to infection due to lower immunity or extremes of age, or where food is being prepared and it an infection would spread amongst a large number of people rapidly. Ultimately, anyone concerned with the welfare of those within their environment will benefit from using out hygiene control products. All of our products are safe to use and are perfect for:
- Blood Spills
- Body Fluid Spills
- Kitchen Cleaning
- Hospitals - door handles, hospital beds, surfaces, operating theatres, toilet areas
- Medical Equipment
- Office Environments - keyboards, chairs, desks Hands We have an extensive range of test data for the Clinell product range.
Take a look at our hygiene and infection control products, or contact us to discuss your requirements.