Large Biohazard Spills Kit
Large biohazard spills kit for the management of blood and blood stained fluid spills. Provides contents to absorb, disinfect and dispose of spills.
SSL secure site
About the Large Multi Use Biohazard Spills Kit
- This is the larger of the two biohazard spill kits that we offer and therefore contains a higher volume of products. A full list of contents can be viewed further down the page.
- Quickly and safely absorbs and disinfects blood and blood stained body fluid spills.
- Meets the standards recommended by the Department of Health regarding the safe collection and disposal of blood spills.
- Conforms to the recommendation that spills are disinfected with a chlorine disinfection solution at a strength of 10,000 ppm.
- The use of NaDCC granules is also recommended for this purpose.
Spill Kit Contents
- 2 Shakers of Haz-Tab NaDCC Granules (absorbs and disinfects)
- 1 tub of 100 Haz-Tab NaDCC disinfectant tablets
- 1 Haz-Tab Diluter
- 25 scoops and scrapers
- 25 paper towels
- 100 synthetic gloves
- 6 aprons
- 25 dispo-bags
- An easy to follow instruction card
Please note that we cannot ship this product to the US.
How to use the spill kit
Blood spills or blood stained body fluid spills can be safely absorbed by pouring the Haz Tab disinfectant granules directly onto the spill. The granules that have absorbed the spill can then be collected using the scoops and scrapers.
The Haz Tabs can then be made up into a 10,000 ppm disinfectant solution using the Haz Tab tablets and diluter. The area where the spill has been managed can then be further disinfected.
Protective clothing and dispo-bags are also included so that all granules, spills and used paper towels can be disposed of effectively.
Biohazard Spills Kit Applications
- A & E
- Surgical Wards
- Pathology reception areas
- GP Surgeries