All orders are bring processed as usual and at this point in time, no delays are expected with product deliveries.
We will update this message if this status changes.
|Made in the UK|
|Worldwide shipping available|
|Pay via Credit/Debit Card, PayPal or bank transfer online. PO number can be added during checkout if required.|
About the virkon disinfectant powder (rely+on) 50gm sachets
- The 50gm packet of Virkon Powder makes up approx 5 litres of Virkon Disinfectant.
- Ideal for single use applications.
- Safe and simple to use - not classified as harmful to the user. It has a low acute toxicity, does not cause skin corrosion, does not cause sensitisation and is biodegradable.
- Once placed in water, becomes a pink solution which is activated within 5 minutes. Built-in colour indicator of strength and use life up to five days after activation (1:100 solution).
- Virkon is effective at killing 99.999% of microorganisms in less than 10 minutes.
- Solution can be applied to surfaces using a spray bottle, sponge, mop etc. Any items that need disinfecting (not medical devices) can be submerged in Virkon solution and rinsed afterwards.
- Proven effective against all major pathogens known to man and a wide range of antibiotic-resistant strains. After independent testing, also proven effective against:
300 strains/clinical isolates from 76 bacteria
47 strains/clinical isolates from 35 viruses
45 strains/clinical isolates from 17 fungi
- The 50gm Virkon powder shelf life is 3 years from date of manufacture.
How Virkon Powder Works
The active Virkon solution is activated by adding the powder to water.
Virkon disinfectant is a unique, synergised oxidising system based on potassium monopersulphate - works by the physical destruction of pathogens.
The potassium monopersulphate oxidises proteins in bacteria cell walls and viral structures. This is what disrupts the bacteria's physical structure and the viability as pathogens.
Contains a surfactant - combines cleaning and disinfection in one operation.
At 1:100 (10 grams of Virkon per litre of water), Virkon solution is effective against:
|Micro-organism / Infection||Strain|
|Adenovirus (h5)||Type 5 ATCC VR-5|
|Adenovirus||Type 5 (EN14476)|
|Bacillus cereus (veg)||(veg) ATCC 14579|
|Bacillus subtilis||(veg) NCTC 10073|
|Campylobacter jejuni||ATCC 24929|
|Candida albicans||Gbl 648|
|Chlamydia psittaci||VR-125 (strain 6BC)|
|Clostridium perfringens (veg)||ATCC 13124|
|Coronavirus Middle East Resp. Syndrome (MERS)||ATCC VR-740|
|Coxiella burnetii||Nine mile (RSA 493)|
|Dermatophilus congolensis||ATCC 14637|
|Escherichia coli 0157||ATCC 43895|
|Escherichia coli||NCTC 8196|
|Feline calicivirus (surrogate for Norwalk & norovirus)||ATCC VR-782|
|Hepatitis C||BVDV ATCC CCL-222|
|Influenza A virus||ATCC VR-544|
|Klebsiella pneumoniae||ATCC 4352|
|Listeria monocytogenes||ATCC 19117|
|Pasteurella multocida||ATCC 12947|
|Poliovirus||Type 1 LSc2ab|
|Poliovirus||Type 1 (EN14476)|
|Proteus mirabilis||ATCC 14153|
|Proteus vulgaris||NCTC 4635|
|Ps. aeruginosa||ATCC 15442|
|Ps. aeruginosa||CIP A22|
|Respiratory syncitial virus||ATCC VR-26|
|Salmonella typhimurium||ATCC 23564|
|Shigella sonnei||ATCC 25931|
|Staphylococcus aureus||ATCC 33592 (MRSA)|
|Staphylococcus aureus||ATCC 6538|
|Staphylococcus aureus||NCTC 4163 (MRSA 2 clinical isolates)|
|Staphylococcus aureus||MRSA, Swine origin|
|Staphylococcus epidermidis||ATCC 12228|
|Streptococcus faecalis||NCTC 775|
|Streptococcus pyogenes||ATCC 11229|
|Streptococcus suis||ATCC 43765|
The above list is a brief overview of some of the organisms that are eliminated by Virkon disinfectant. This is not a comprehensive list and is just a concise snapshot of some of the wide range of viruses / strains that Virkon is effective against.
Step by step prep guide for Virkon Powder:
- Fill a container with 5 litres of lukewarm water. Open packet of Virkon powder and pour into container.
- Mix with a long handled spoon / utensil.
- Allow for the powder to dissolve until the solution turns to a clear pink.
- Residential Homes
- Dental surgeries
- Leisure Facilities
- Catering Facilities
- Food production
Product Reference : RMS000890
Internal catalogue reference : DS001-12
Product external rating on reviews.co.uk:
Awaiting first review