Humimeter RH2 Water Activity Meter
The Humimeter RH2 is a Handheld laboratory device (thermo-hygrometer) for measuring Aw value (water activity) of foods such as flour, salts, spices, dried foods.
Handheld laboratory device (thermo- hygrometer) for measuring Aw value (water activity) of foods such as flour, salts, spices, dried foods. This measurement is important when considering factors such as the shelf life of a food product. This is because different microbes grow at different Aw value levels and the measurement helps to determine the microbial stability of a food product. Most micro-organisms grow at Aw levels above 0.90 (with only xerophilic moulds and osmophilic yeasts likely to grow at lower levels).1
For more details on the typical Aw values of certain foods and Aw value limits for some specific micro-organisms, visit this PHE document and refer to page 14: Appendix 1: Typical aw values of food and the limits for microbial growth.
Foods suitable for testing with the Humimeter thermo- hygrometer:
- Dried fruits
- Other dried and salted foods
- Other foods requiring Aw value checks
Non food items such as plastic granulate can also be measured using the Humimeter RH2 Water Activity Meter.
Please note the Humimeter thermo- hygrometer is not suitable for measuring juices (syrup), acidic food like vinegar or food and beverages containing alcohol.
The Humimeter RH2 Water Activity Meter includes a moisture and temperature sensor, a measuring chamber, 2 metre cable, carry case and consumables (full details of specification and contents in the tables below).
Humimeter RH2 Specification
- Measuring range 0.03 to 0.98 activity of water
- Resolution 0.001 aw
- Calibration 0.10 to 0.80 +/- 0.01 activity of water
- Calibration 0.00 to 0.10 and 0.80 to 0.98 +/- 0.04 aw (at 25°C)
- Temperature range 0 to + 50°C, calibration +/- 0.5°C (at 25°C)
- Measuring range of relative humidity 0 to 100% rh, resolution: 0.1% rh
- Temperature can be set to °C or °F as required
- Dew point -55°C to + 60°C, resolution 0.1°C, -67°F to 140°F
- Absolute humidity 0 to 130 g/m³, resolution 0.1 g/m³
- Equilibrium moisture content 2% to 30%, resolution 0.1%
- Equilibrium moisture content synthetic granules resolution 0.01 %
- User programmable characteristic curves for calculation of equilibrium moisture content
- Online-function, Hold function, manual data memory
- Automatic datalog for up to 10,000 logs with measuring point report
- scope of supply: humimeter RH2 with rubber protection cover and batteries
- Optional (contact for price): humimeter USB data interface module with LogMemorizer measuring data recording and analyzing software on USB flash drive incl. USB cable for PC and printer
Humimeter RH2 Probe Specification
- Connection to RH2, measuring range 0 to 1.00 activity of water, resolution 0.001, calibration 0.10 to 0.80 +/- 0.01
- Activity of water, calibration 0.00 to 0.10 and 0.80 to 0.98 +/- 0.04 activity of water (at 25°C), temperature range 0 to + 50°C, calibration +/- 0.5°C (at 25°C).
- Rapid conditioning due to integrated fan regulating the air circulation.
- Includes. 4 twist-off caps, 2 screw glasses 186ml and 2 screw glasses 245ml, certified calibration ampoules - set of 5 (Art.No.: 10005) and factory calibration certificate (Art.No.: 10403).