|Worldwide shipping available|
|Pay via Credit/Debit Card, PayPal or bank transfer online. PO number can be added during checkout if required.|
About the chlor-clean tablets
Chlor-clean tablets by Guest Medical are a combined chlorine and detergent tablet. This allows the tablet to both disinfect and clean simultaneously, negating the need for more than one product.
Proper cleaning and disinfecting (with chlorine) requires a cleaning action to remove grease and dirt and then a disinfecting / sanitising action to kill viruses and bacteria. As mentioned above, this is often a multiple step job, using more than one product. A detergent is used, then the detergent requires rinsing before chlorine can be used. Chlor-clean tablets save time and money by skipping the multiple steps and allow you to clean and disinfect in one!
- Environmental cleaning
- Cleaning in a clinical / medical setting
- Hospital infections / outbreak cleaning
- Toilet and bathroom areas
- Beds, ward areas
Chlor-Clean Tablet Formulation:
Includes 1.7g Troclosene sodium (NaDCC) – produces 1,000 p.p.m. available chlorine (when added to 1000ml of water).
What is Chlor-Clean Effective against?
(Proven by Independent Testing to BS EN Standards):
- E. Coli
- Staphylococcus (M.R.S.A.)
- In addition, Chlor-Clean has been shown to pass the BS EN 14476 (viricidal) Standard covering non-enveloped and enveloped virus types as well as murine norovirus.
Other benefits of Chlor-Clean
- Noncorrosive to enamelled metal, chrome and stainless steel.
- Will not damage hospital mattress covers.
- Will not damage sealed wood or floor surfaces.
How to mix Chlor-Clean solution
Step 1 : Check the water temperature
Check to make sure the water you are using is cold. Do not use hot or warm water to mix Chlor-Clean.
Step 2 : Add the Chlor-Clean Tablets
Using the markers on the diluter, fill with either 1 or 2 litres of water. Next, add one chlor-clean tablet per litre of water. Replace the lid and leave for 10-12 minutes.
Step 3 : Mix the solution
Making sure you have replaced the lid tightly, invert the diluter to make sure the solution is mixed.
Mixing the solution
- Make up the solution in a well ventilated area. Wear protective wear such as apron and gloves.
- We recommend official Chlor-Clean Diluter containers for mixing and storing Chlor-Clean solution.
- Add one Chlor-Clean tablet to a litre of cold water (never use warm or hot water).
- Addone Chlor-Clean tablet per litre if you have a larger container.
- Allow tablet to dissolve (can take up to 10-12 minutes).
- After the tablets have dissolved, mix the solution gently. Ideally this would be done by screwing the lid on the solution container and tilting the container back and forth slowly. Do not shake the solution container.
- Store in a cool place.
- The solution is active for 24 hours.
How to use the Chlor-Clean solution for floor cleaning
Step 1 : Pour solution into bucket
Pour Chlor-Clean into a mop bucket. Only pour as much as you need for the current task and keep the remaining solution for the diluter for future use.
Step 2 : Mop the area
Dip your mop into the Chlor-Clean solution then wipe the area that requires cleaning.
How to use the Chlor-Clean solution for surface cleaning
Step 1 : Pour Chlor-Clean into a bowl
Pour the required amount of Chlor-Clean solution into a bowl.
Step 2 : Dip cloth into solution
Dip your cloth into the solution then wring it out so the cloth is moist but not wet
Step 3 : Wipe clean the surface
Wipe the required area, leave clean and moist but not wet. Allow surface to dry. Generally, you will not need to rinse after cleaning.
Disposal of Chlor-Clean solution
Step 1 : Run the cold tap
Run the cold tap in your sink for 30 seconds. This is to make sure no unintentional mixing occurs with other chemicals previously disposed of in the sink..
Step 2 : Pour out the excess solution
Pour the un-needed Chlor-Clean solution down the sink.
Step 3 : Run the cold tap
Run cold water again for 30 seconds to make sure all the Chlor-Clean has been washed away from the sink trap/sluce.
Do not use in a spray bottle
Not suitable for use on blood spills
Do not use directly on urine or vomit
Do not mix tablets with warm or hot water
Product Reference : CHLR
Internal catalogue reference : DS001-232
Product external rating on reviews.co.uk:
5.0 out of 5 based on 3 customer ratings
Oasis 1000 Water Purification Tablets (200 Tablets)
Oasis 1000 water purification tablets (1.7g NaDCC) for emergency, household and military water purification applications. 200 tablets per...
Model : RMS000871
Oasis 3000 Water Purification Tablets - 100 Tablets
Oasis 3000 water purification tablets (5g NaDCC ) - pot of 100. Safe and effective UK manufactured water purification tablets for large...
Model : RMS000872